"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

2.28.2011

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

So many experiences that I have had in Chile this past month (it has been a month!)
have been so new, exciting, and monumental, that I often find myself thinking,
"Why didn't I add THIS to my Day Zero Project list??" 
Luckily, while I was in Patagonia last week, amongst the many amazing things I did
that were not on my list, I was able to do two things that actually were.
#014: Go on a hike &

#015: Go camping.








My friends and I spent three days and two nights in the 
Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, but the first day was definitely the hardest. 
We arrived in the park around noon, set up camp, hiked to the 
infamous Torres, and then hiked back to the campsite just before nightfall. 
That sounds really simple, I suppose, but this hike was seriously
one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. 











A few of you more experienced hikers and backpackers might find 
that amusing (especially all you that did the W circuit. Props.),
but hiking/backpacking is NOT something I am familiar with.
I have gone camping plenty of times with my family,
but our camping trips usually consist of BBQing, card games
all day, maybe a short walk to the river and/or lake to go fishing,
and fun times around the bonfire. 











I can honestly say that if I didn't have my friends there with me,
I would have turned around and walked back to the tent after a couple 
of hours of hiking. I am really, truly glad that we all decided to keep
going, because the feeling of accomplishment once we had reached the Torres
was incredible. I wish the pictures did the view justice, but they really don't.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS!
that picture of you in front of the mountain is gorge.
i'm glad your hiking trip was a success :)

hugs&kisses,
boo

Unknown said...

dear baby boo,
i love you.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

#1: WAS THAT A LLAMA!!??

#2 this place reminds me of somewhere harry ron and hermione might have gone to to find a horcrux!! i bet if you went in the water you'd see the sword of griffindor! soo cool!! jealous. glad you're having fun :D

lava,
mitch

Marcella Alyssa said...

Wow Mitch! Good looking out! It is actually called a Guanaco and is a type of llama (they call it yama hehe) but I will talk more about those later!

And omg I didn't even look for the SOG!!!!