"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

2.15.2011

El Día de los Enamorados

It was kind of a drag that I had to spend Valentine's Day an entire hemisphere away from
my valentine, but I ended up having a great night with some friends in Santiago. 
My friend's host brother is a chef and he offered to prepare a little "gringo" feast for us!
On the menu: caesar salad, ravioli puttanesca, garlic bread, and lots & lots of wine.
It was a nice break from the traditional Chilean food we've been having every day. 
Did I mention I made red velvet truffles?? (which was nearly impossible, seeing as
the country I am in uses an entirely different measuring system, temperature
system, and does not know what the heck a red velvet cake is!)

 
 
 



 





I love big dinners with friends. I can't wait for Mexican night!!!

1 comment:

Bryan Murray said...

Your valentine is the band Paramore??

And your "gringo" dinner looks fancy and yummy, especially those balls. You should've made them blue ;)