"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

9.22.2010

The Quarter to End all Quarters

Tomorrow is the first day of my last quarter at UCSB.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

I mean, this place is great and all, but it is hard to feel nostalgic for my 
soon-to-be-over college experience when I know that I will be spending
 the following six months exploring all of South America. 
I  just cannot wait to live in Chile and spend my days...

 perfecting my spanish by talking to complete strangers, strolling around the outdoor fruit markets in Santiago, traveling to exotic places like Ancient Machu Picchu in Peru, taking wild bus rides through the insanity that is Bolivia, and living it up during Brazil's legendary Carnival.





Oh yeah and studying. Hah.
Did I mention Chile is famous for its wine? 

There are still plenty of things I am looking forward to during the next four months in 
Santa Barbara. Here are some Day Zero goals I hope to accomplish before I leave:


093. Vote in an election
095. Read an issue of the New York Times, cover to cover
086. Touch a giraffe
084. Do a handstand
077. Enter a contest
005. Cook a meal for a large group of people

073. Make another music video
074. Spend an entire day without speaking
075. Make a toast
063. Spend the day with a child
045. Take a ballet class
055. Read a novel in Spanish
054. Memorize a bible scripture that I love
041. Make myself a scarf
039. Do the UCSB Undie Run
033. Throw a huge party
028. Visit San Francisco
014. Go on a hike
020. Have a picnic
016. Play paintball
003. Eat at an upscale restaurant alone


Speaking of my Day Zero Project, here is a little update: I have accomplished 37 goals in 332 days. 
A little over a third of my goals in a little under a third of the time I am alloted. Perfect!
 The downside: this means, according to goal #100: Deposit $5 in my savings account
 for every goal I DO completeI should have 185-Day-Zero-dollars saved up. HAHAHA. 

The problem with having money in my bank account is that... I spend it! It is wayyy to easy to just swipe my card and voila-- dresses/makeup/lattes/groceries! To solve this issue, I have decided that I am going to keep a jar full of my Day Zero Project money. No spending allowed. I am not sure yet what I will do with the cash once I am done... save it? give it? spend it? (spend it!) 
I guess that is something I will decide on Day Zero. 


1 comment:

Zara C said...

Thanks ggreat blog