"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

3.09.2011

On an Island in the Sun

To finish off our trip in southern Chile, my friends and I decided to spend a night
in Chiloe, a small island off the coast of Chile. I quickly fell in love! 





When we got there, we just lazied around and took in the sights. 
In the evening we went to a little seafood place that looked totally sketch 
but was AMAZING. I had congrio margarita, which is seabass with some kind of 
creamy sauce and little mariscos (seafood) all over! Like mussels, crab, shrimp, 
and I honestly do not know what else. It was so delicious and rich that I could not 
bare to take more than a few bites. Weird, right?? Memorable meal...




After returning to our little cabin for a bit, my friends dragged me out of bed and
we all went to a bar a few streets away. The bar was filled with big comfy love seats and
 was playing Fantasia on a huge screen. How cool is that? I need to rewatch that movie.


The next day, a few friends and I woke up early to go horseback riding. 
This is random, but, my horse was pregnant hahahahaha. Riding her was 
really awkward because I was afraid to kick her! I didn't want to kick her baby!!!!











The horse ride was really chill and I am really glad I got to do it.
Horses really are magnificent creatures. 
I would love to go for a long ride on one someday, no trails :)

We spent the afternoon shopping at a little outdoor market that had tons
of tourist goodies. I'm really horrible at places like those. I bought a few bracelets, 
those birdies from my last post, earrings, and some gifts for my sissies.
Before we left, we stopped at a restaurant for a quick snack of mini
empanadas and some drinks. I had a durazno (peach) flavored jugo natural.
Most every restaurant/café here (even Starbucks!) serves jugo naturales 
and I am obsessed with them! My favorite is frambuesa (raspberry). 



Chiloe was a great way to end our trip down south.
I have lots more exciting things coming my way, but I will keep 
those a secret :) Something I will tell you is:

MY MOM AND MY NANA (grandma) ARE COMING TO SANTIAGO
NEXT WEEK! Ahhh I can't wait!! P. S. They are bringing me hot cheetohs :) ♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha your pregnant horse reminds me of that awkward scene in knocked up "it's just the style!" haha

also, i laughed out loud at the hot cheetohs part. you have this amazzing trip and you're eating crazy new food but i can totally hear your dumb baby voice say "they are bringing me hot cheetohs" and how excited you are :D

miss you, love you,

shelly

Marcella Alyssa said...

They don't have hot cheetohs here! They haven't even heard of them before!!!

Cylia said...

looks like you had the best time:)! I wanna ride a horse.. and you're right: happy girls are the prettiest!