"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

8.29.2010

Feeling GLAMOURous


I am totally obsessed with magazines. Always have been, always will be.
There is just something about the sleek design, shiny pictures, and 
wave of new, exciting information that keeps me coming back! 

When I was in high school I was literally convinced I would one day become editor of Seventeen Magazine. I actually emailed Atoosa Rubenstein (the editor at the time) and asked her for advice! 
(I tried to find the email, but to no avail). 

Atoosa is the person who really got me into magazines. She is this strong, powerful woman
who was always talking about girl power, leadership, being whoever you wanted to be, and loving yourself exactly as you are. I was so moved by her passionate words that I thought I could follow in her 
footsteps and work for a national publication like Seventeen, where I would have the opportunity
to reach out to young women and inspire them the way she inspired me. 


Actually, I had a dream a few weeks ago in which I met her at a party 
and shook her hand. Like the nerd I am, I was so excited to go home and blog about 
how I accomplished goal #057: Shake hands with a celebrity.
 I actually felt sad when I woke up and realized it was just a dream, haha! 

Anyway. I stopped reading Seventeen because it started to seem really cheesy and superficial
(still unsure if that was because I had passed the age of 17 or because there was a new editor).

My new magazine of choice is GLAMOUR.


Have you seen the September issue? IT IS HUGE! 
I was so excited when I grabbed it at the grocery store! 

Soo if you're wondering, hehe, the point of this rambling blog entry is that I accomplished goal
050. Write a Letter to the Editor 
-- of anything.


And, as you can assume, I chose to write a letter to the editor of GLAMOUR. 

This issue came at a time when I really needed it.
I just sat in my room for two days (Yeah! It took me two days!!!)
 and devoured all of the advice they could muster up about 
beauty, fashion, health, guys, careers, and everything else under the sun. 
They also have this section called "Hey it's OK" (roommates of 6799 Trigo, 
you know what I'm talking about!) that I am particularly fond of. 
Sooo, I thought it would be nice of me if I finally wrote them a little letter of praise. 
Soooo, I did.

Soooooo... the end :)

8 comments:

Bryan Murray said...

Hey stop reading advice on guys!! haha. And my blog is called A Day In The Life (yes its creative I know) not Bryan Murray's blog. And speaking of that, shouldn't I have my own "boyfriends blog" category instead of being lumped in with all ur friends :(

Sarah said...

Hooray! This is a good goal. I'm probably just as obsessed with magazines as you:)

Incidentally, have you ever checked out the Seventeen Magazine Project? (http://www.theseventeenmagazineproject.com/)
It's really cerebral and I think a bit *too* critical of the magazine industry. But it's an interesting read; seeing as you're a Comm major it may be applicable? Let me know what you think of it.

Anonymous said...

cella! you should post your letter!! you post pictures of the cookies you bake and whatnot, and you took a video of yourself memorizing a poem! finish this! haha (i feel like mrs. solid scolding you encouragingly like this :P)

keep blogging, i like reading these :)
<3 shelly

Cella Babee said...

Bryan - I didn't type in "Bryan Murray's Blog." I just chose it from a list. So I think you must have changed the settings or something because it's not called A Day in the Life.

Sarah - I remember! Didn't you have a subscription to Cosmo when we lived on Trigo? I checked out that blog... I think the girl is really intelligent and has a good sense of humor but she directs a lot of misguided anger at Seventeen. Did you notice that when she stopped criticizing and actually followed some of the advice, that she actually liked it?

Michelle - Let's see if my letter get published in the next issue :) If not, I will show you the letter. P.S. That was TOTALLY a Ms. Solid comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's ok to keep as many "hey it's ok's" as you want :)

<3, Lex

Paula said...

I love your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula

Cella Babee said...

You are so sweet! I wish I could read your blog!!! :(

JMay said...

I have to go pick this issue up! I think it's awesome you wrote the editor :-)