"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

9.18.2011

Eggplant, Alfajores, and STEAK


Here are the last of my pictures from Buenos Aires, Argentina. 
 Funny enough, I noticed that most of the rest of these pictures revolve around food. 

 First dish: penne with breaded eggplant, homemade marinara sauce, and cheesy garlic bread

IMG_6478 IMG_6479 IMG_6480 IMG_6482 IMG_6484
IMG_6481IMG_6485 IMG_6486 IMG_6487

Lara and I made this meal for our wonderful Couchsurfing hosts while we were in Buenos Aires. It is customary to give your hosts a token of your appreciation for their generosity and since food happens to be one of mine & Lara's greatest passions (we never stopped talking about it hahaha), we thought cooking a great dinner would be the best way to say thank you. The food turned out to be AMAZING!!!! The recipes for the eggplant and the marinara sauce came from Lara's mom and the cheesy garlic bread recipe is one of my favorites from Allrecipes.com. 

 Second dish: italian cappuccino and alfajores 

IMG_6515 IMG_6516

Remember how I told you that while I was in Buenos Aires all I wanted to do was sit at a cafe and drink cappuccinos and eat alfajores and enjoy the atmosphere? One day I got to do exactly that (Lara went on a tour that day I think). I love Starbucks just as much as any other person (okay maybe more haha) but there is absolutely nothing like a homemade cappuccino! It was soo delicious and cinnamony :) Also, I didn't even order an alfajore but they brought me one anyway!! Ughhh I love Argentina. And whaddyaknow??! While I was sitting at this outdoor cafe, a sharply dressed couple walked over, set down a stereo, and started tango dancing in front of me! So amazing. That was the perfect Argentinean experience to me :) IMG_6493 IMG_6499  

 Third dish: MEAT MEAT and MORE MEAT 

IMG_6523  IMG_6525 IMG_6526 IMG_6527 IMG_6524IMG_6529 IMG_6528 IMG_6530 IMG_6532 IMG_6538  IMG_6534 IMG_6531 IMG_6535 IMG_6544 IMG_6545 IMG_6548 IMG_6547 IMG_6546

Sorry to all vegetarians!!! Argentina is known for its steak and, of course, my friends and I were dying to sink our teeth into some. On our last day in Buenos Aires, we went to an all you can eat steakhouse and ate until we literally couldn't move. Or maybe that was the two pitchers of beer and four bottles of wine we shared...  

IMG_6543

 And so, those are all of the photos I have from Buenos Aires! 
 Such a beautiful place. I cannot wait until I get to go back one day. 

IMG_6549 IMG_6551

 Next, photos from Iguazu Falls and then BRAZILLLLLLLLLLLLL.

1 comment:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I love seeing photos from your adventures! Looks like so much fun. x hivenn