"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

4.19.2010

Taking Care of Business


I know what you are thinking...
"Gee, Marcella's Day Zero Project is great and all,
but have you noticed that she has not even attempted
one goal in her 'BEIN' RESPONSIBLE' category?"

Well guess what?
I am proud to say that I have now accomplished two!


First and foremost, I have accomplished goal
#092: Get an internship.
I didn't want to say anything yet because I was not exactly sure
how it was going to work out, but today was my
first day as an intern for Events of Santa Barbara,
a Santa Barbara event planning company
(if you know me well, you know that this
is a job I have wanted for a long LONG time).

This company plans all sorts of events, including: non-profit
fundraisers and events; corporate seminars, holiday parties, and retreats;
and all the fun stuff like anniversaries, birthdays, and weddings!
So needless to say, YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!




I am now one step closer to being just like J-Lo! Hehe :P


The other goal I have accomplished is
#097: Ace a test.
I know it doesn't seem like a very daunting task,
but for a serial A-/B+ student like me, it is. I am not saying
that I never get A's -- I do, but they're usually on papers or presentations,
never exams. Last quarter, however, I worked really hard and it definitely paid off.
(My final grades were A-, A-, A-, A)
In addition to receiving solid A's on my papers and presentations,
I also did really well on my exams. For COMM 150, Group Communication,
I actually got an A on my final exam! Oh yeah, and just last week I just got an A
on a midterm for COMM 162, Communication and Peace.
Yay for being smart sometimes!

So HAH! I have been responsible!
And you thought I was just moseying around Santa Barbara,
drinking wine and baking cookies all day...

I have a couple other responsible things planned
for the not-too-distant-future so stay tuned!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY MARCELINA!! I'm so proud of you! also a bit jealous! work it gurrl :D -love, shelly

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, love!
You've accomplished something I haven't.
And this is a realy stylish internship.
Luck!