"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn

8.10.2010

My Seoul Sisters

I was skimming through my Day Zero List, feeling quite unproductive, when I realized
that I unknowingly accomplished a goal this past weekend! It was goal
#064: Have dinner with someone 
I have lost touch with.

 I am not going to lie -- there was not much effort on my part in accomplishing this goal.
Last week one of my high school volleyball coaches, Mike, texted me and invited me to have 
dinner with the old team. All I had to do was show up!

We met in koreatown, at a delicious restaurant that served Korean BBQ. 
Never had it? You should -- your table has a built in grill and you get to cook your meat yourself!
Every carnivore's dream!



It was surreal seeing everybody again...
The three years I played volleyball in high school were some of the best in my life.
Our team spent every waking minute together (literally, from 5 AM practices to school
to games to late-night dinners) and they became sort of a family.


We spent the evening catching up, swapping college stories, and of course, pigging out.
I can't even tell you how much I ate that night... or what I ate! I did eat a grilled
octopus tentacle, though. HAHA. Yeah I thought it would be gross too
 (I may or may not have screamed at the top of my lungs when someone
 decided to "surprise" me by placing one on my plate while I was not looking)
 but it tasted just like fried calamari... just not fried, haha. And I love calamari!

Anyway, thank you COACH MIKE (okay okay, I will call you MIKE) for dinner!
And if any volleyball girls are reading this, it was so nice to see you :)

Some pictures Mike emailed us...




Oh and of course we pretended it was Kelsey's birthday so they
 could sing for her and give us dessert and make her wear silly glasses haha




No comments: